JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

GODLESS DOLLARS

I just found this kinda interesting. Does anyone feel that this wasn't a mistake??

from AOL News...

-----------------------

Mint Releases More 'Godless' Dollars

AP

Posted: 2007-06-20 10:24:43

PHILADELPHIA (June 19) - It looks like the U.S. Mint has struck again - or not struck again, depending on how you look at it. New dollar coins featuring John Adams are missing edge inscriptions including "In God We Trust," according to the Professional Coin Grading Service, a rare coin authentication company based in Newport Beach, Calif.

The company said people have found hundreds of Adams dollar coins without the edge lettering, repeating a previous mistake. In March, an unknown number of George Washington dollar coins were struck at the Philadelphia Mint without "In God We Trust," "E Pluribus Unum," and the year and mint mark inscribed on the edge.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Mint said the agency is looking into the reports.

After the Washington "godless dollars" were discovered, the Mint pledged to more closely monitor the striking process.

"It's too early to put a final price tag on the collector value of Adams presidential dollar errors because no one knows how many others will turn up," Guth said in a news release.

The Adams dollars, officially released into circulation May 17, are the second in a series of presidential coins slated to run until 2016.

Without breaking in2 a convo about the seperation of church and state, the country was built on the freedom of choice such as faith. Anybody who has any kind of faith believes in God...reguardless of of the name or the circumstances. It's not like it says In Jesus We Trust. The whole world is in decline, but the decline of the US (since i live here) is just surprising 2 me. I don't think it's just a coincedence that the past few decades have been about pushing God away...and times getting worse. So to end this very non-discriminating tradition just comes off as a part of that 2 me.

Anybody who has any kind of faith believes in God...reguardless of of the name or the circumstances.

Confucians, Wiccans, Hindus, and Buddhist, would disagree with that statement.

So to end this very non-discriminating tradition just comes off as a part of that 2 me.

This "tradition" was nothing more than a cheap political move in the recent past, starting a bit in the civil war period (when the religious beliefs where radically different than modern Christianity) and really gaining traction in the 40's and 50's during the "red scare". Politicians saw it as a way to capitalize on temporary social waves.

The whole world is in decline, but the decline of the US (since i live here) is just surprising 2 me. I don't think it's just a coincedence that the past few decades have been about pushing God away...

The world has problems for a number of reasons including the inequality of wealth and a decrease in governmental power over industry. To blame the lack of Christian faith for these very worldly issues is appalling and a huge cause for the continuation of the problem. Stop blaming other peoples faith and instead do something tangible to fix it. I think the Peace Corps is still taking people.

I forget where it is, but I remember in Revelation that earthly government will eventually turn on religion. And considering the noise that was going on in the media about the word "Christmas" last year, this is just a sign of things to come. Mistake? Maybe...or maybe not.

I thought the title of this thread was referencing a song title...haha. Actually it could be...the song could be about all the money being made by the music business by what they're promoting:

"Godless dollars being made...by BET and the images displayed...by fake MC's obsessed with gettin laid..."

Edited by dparrott