JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I want to pull the trigger on Hip Hop

As people get involved with this posts about the embarassing state of commercial rap...it turns in2 a situation where the blind are leading the blind.

Buy KRS-One + Marley Marl's album Hip-Hop Lives album.

I live in Dominican Republic an I have to buy the albums online because its really difficult to get good hip hop albums in here, but I havent found that one yet, the tittle seems pretty cool and interesting and i really want to check it out. It brings a light.

I grew up with Cash money and No Limit... Before the south was "pop" like you say.. Lil'Wayne have skills.. Not the greatest rapper alive, but a decent one.. HE does rap about money and Bling Bling(The term Cash Money brought on the world), but alot about serious things to.. ST, you hate Ja and 50... They hate eachother. Somebody hates you, somebody hates those who hates you.. But that dont make you wack as a MC does it? Dont hate the person..Hate The songs.. You cant say you havent bumped in da club or some of Ja's records.. But back to topic.. Wayne does have a crazy flow.. Listen to his old songs... Be openminded people.. dont say yes you agree to every hating topic on this board.. Thats all it is... Every topic on this board is about other rappers and how bad they are.. Nothing positive..

Peace

I never said I hated 50 or Ja. Ja has actually never been so appealing as a rapper to me, but that's only because the competition is so sad. I said I hated lil' wayne, the rapper. I don't hate his very core but my dislike for the guy goes beyond his crappy songs. But part of that is because of his success in getting people to believe the garbage he spews. I really don't care about how he flowed 10 years ago, I'm saying he sucks NOW. Now is when people are bumpin him and now is when people are believing him to be the best rapper alive. I don't wanna get really into this because, like I said, this was more about venting than anything else. I'm open minded, Ja Rule sings catchy hooks, In Da Club has a tight beat, and lil' wayne does a great job at proving people are sheep when it comes to the radio.

Also, I don't appreciate your last comment. Nothing positive? I've been blowing up artists since I've been here. It's not my fault if you don't check THOSE threads out. Hell, on the SAME page as this thread you can see a thread by me praising a song by an artist I'm not much of a fan of.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

As people get involved with this posts about the embarassing state of commercial rap...it turns in2 a situation where the blind are leading the blind.

Buy KRS-One + Marley Marl's album Hip-Hop Lives album.

How is that album, really, AJ? I've seen it at Virgin, I didn't get it because I was low on cash and shopping for someone else. I'm still low on cash and things are getting financially tight around here but I wanna know how it is. I could put it higher on the list of albums I need to pick up.

God Blessa!

Amen to the topic of this post.

Seriously.

Lil Wayne has never impressed me.

Last year I picked up DJ Khaled's debut CD, "Listenn"...there were like 2 tracks with Lil Wayne and I gave the cd many spins because I got to hear Jadakiss and Sigel on the same track along with Freeway feat. Clipse on another track....DJ Khaled's CD "We the Best" (that just came out) is absolutely flooded with Lil wayne and it's disgusting. It feels like a cheap mixtape because Lil Wayne has oversaturated himself and the problem is, unlike Nas or Busta Rhymes (who at separate points flooded mixtapes with so many verses themselves)...Lil Wayne can't think of anything to say.

If he was smart, he'd really limit his exposure as he could then hide his many faults and get along on his quips alone. Doing what he does now risks the general public realizing how bad he really is.

It's good...it says everything on true Hip-Hop fans' minds. It's basic down-2-earth timeless production by a legend laced with the kind of lyrics u can expect from KRS.

I agree...definitely go get it...

The album is reallllly raw...not something you put on shuffle with the rest of your music...instead it's something you either go from start to finish on it's own or shuffle within the album itself...