JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL COOL J - "QUEENS" NEW TRACK FROM EXIT 13

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.237...ol-g-rap-queens

New track from LL Cool J's new album "Exit 13" to be released on September 4, 2007. As a big LL fan, I'm really disappointed. This beat is definitly poor and you know its from the 50 camp. LL flows alright, everyone else sucks I think. LL takes shots at Jay-Z of course and even Diddy "making the band" line. I really hope him and Jay-Z battle because those are my number 2 and number 3 favorite emcees. However back to this track, I think LL is really selling out. He knows 50/G-Unit is hot and hes just riding them.

I'm all for an edgier LL than what we've gotten from his last 3 albums, but I feel like he's straight sold out for this new album. Everything he talked up about cleaning back up has been thrown out the window in this song alone. This is a 50 track and it sounds like one. And I hate that.

LL took a fairly sharp jab at Jay, cool- but so what? What is special about this track, really? Nothing. It's forgettable and I hope I can forget what LL's doing for sales.

lol, way to be dramatic me.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

• Admin

I don't know what's worse..how bad this track is or how everyone on that website is saying how good it is.. "look at the calibre of players that role with me?" I'm looking LL and its absolutely atrocious..except for Kool G Rap the only one worthy of being on the track

First of all track is trash...LL, Mobb Deep and Kool G Rap had decent rhymes but it is nothing special!

On LL working with 50 is just protesting against Jigga! LL's last two albums were bull****, even with more promotion it wouldn't have sell more!

LL is certainly Mr. Def Jam, but he have to admit that in his 22 year career he didn't help to create a new artist! If he really wants to battle Jigga he needs to get away from G-Unit camp! After Will LL is my second favourite rapper, he should make a album on his own like on Mama said knock you out or G.O.A.T., but it seems to be that it will be... Jay & Nas vs LL & G-Unit! In this constellation the G.O.A.T. will end his career himself!

I'm all for good East Coast tunes but this is just a lazy overused style of collab. Queens Day by Run DMC and Nas is way better.

And LL ain't even first on the track from his own album! Weak. Old school rappers need to stand on their own and not ride someone else. He's just doin it to get himself attention, like "look at who I'm rollin with!" Respect is earned, not because you're down with a trendy clique. Just like Run on "Crown Royal" with Third Eye Blind, Fred Durst, Kid Rock, and Sugar Ray...trying to be trendy with bad results.

looks like LL's carreer is heading to its end. you know that the whole hiphop heads are in love with Nas and Jigga. they're going to ruin LL.

sad, LL is one of my fave MCs or he used to be but i can tell you that he's not doing this for the love of the game...

And LL ain't even first on the track from his own album! Weak. Old school rappers need to stand on their own and not ride someone else. He's just doin it to get himself attention, like "look at who I'm rollin with!" Respect is earned, not because you're down with a trendy clique. Just like Run on "Crown Royal" with Third Eye Blind, Fred Durst, Kid Rock, and Sugar Ray...trying to be trendy with bad results.

Man, i liked Crown Royal, and i think they were more artists who wanted to work with Run DMC out of respect rather than them going out looking for collab Rock artists.

I liked Crown Royal too. Run-DMC waz just making a comeback in a modern kinda way. They were just about 2 start work on their next album when JMJ was murdered. Run-DMC fans can only imagin how good that waz gonna turn out since they were back in the limelight.

Back 2 LL tho'....even as one of his biggest fans in the whole world, i'm hesitating 2 check this song. LL is a legend. He's one of the best who's ever done it...PERIOD. When i heard he waz doing this album with 50 as his sidekick. I knew the music would suffer. I understand Jay-Z is a joke as the head of a label and that he isn't gonna show a true artist like LL real love. I understand that the label formally known as Def Jam no longer holds any similar standards that it had when Russell was there. I understand that commerical rap fans ignored half of LL's current singles cuz he's not a cuss-infested rhyme-writer who pretends 2 be hardcore. I understand that the music biz, Jay-Z's label, and 50's help must be unmotivational. I understand LL just wants 2 get this album out and get off Def Jam. Why i expected the music 2 suffer some, i didn't expect it 2 suffer as much as it seems from most of the reactions in this post.

I guess i'll just support LL thru' this and anxiously wait 4 the next album he drops which i'm sure will be true 2 his style.

I think that this song overall is weak, you could tell LL don't really sound motivated since he's working with rappers that ain't on his level, Kool G Rap's verse was the only thing that stood out in the song