JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the sun: new jjfp album coming

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

well, the sun sucks (guardian rocks!). but i wouldn't call it a rumor. i mean jeff was doing a uk tour, so he easily could have talked to one of people from the sun. but what you can blame them for is that they say: jjfp will work together in november when all that jeff says is: we want to work together. we don't find time, but maybe november we both have some.

so, i have no doubt that they want to work together and even that they want to work together in november, but the fact that they want to doesn't imply that they actually will work togethe...well, like a famous football player (and i mean the football you are actually playing with your foot ;-) ) always says: schau ma mal! (something like: let's wait and see)

• Admin

Fresh Prince Speaks With Jazzy Jeff, Discuss Reunion Album and Tour

Addi Stewart

Published: Tuesday, May 29, 2007

One of hip hop's original dynamic duos, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, haven't connected creatively since 1993's Code Red album, but they are finally considering a reunion album and tour.

"We've been talking about making a record and going on tour," Jazzy Jeff tells XXLMag.com. "It's just about making a schedule. Will is pretty much one of the biggest movie stars in the world. It's really difficult because it's hard for him to just say, 'I'm going to take off two years and focus on just going on the road or just going into the studio to make a record.' [but] every time I talk to Will, he really wants to do it. We talked about possibly going on the road sometime this year and doing some stuff. His heart is there, he wants to do it.

He adds, "We're aiming for November."

DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince won the world's first Grammy Award for rap song of the year in 1989 with their catchy single, "Parents Just Don't Understand."

The hilarious hit catapulted them both onto television, (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), and Smith went on to star into multiple Hollywood blockbuster films though the '90s and 2000s (Independence Day, Wild Wild West, I, Robot). DJ Jazzy Jeff focused on his turntable, his audio production and his Hidden Beach record label, which released music from Jill Scott, Cornell West and others.

Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince's light-hearted brand of honest Philadelphia hip-hop should provide some desperately needed comic relief to modern hip hop music.

http://www.dose.ca/music/story.html?id=e1d...d6d0&k=5369

XXL mag have a story 2

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/article/ar....html&cid=0

If this ever does really happen i wanna see them promote it as DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince. I don't wanna see huge letters saying ''Will Smith on tour'' and then it little letters at the bottom of the page ''Feat DJ Jazzy Jeff''

On my conert ticket i wanna see DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince

All these sites are just paraphrasing what the original sun article was. Also though, it seems alot of the media WANTS JJ+FP to comeback and change hip-hop now because its garbage. I'm liking this baby!

And to think the media didn't bother with FP as a rapper cause they thought he was to ''soft'' and now they've come crawling back to him lol

Well I posted on the XXL forum there, on the most part there's good feedback I notice