JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Pirates 3

JamesUK

it's 4am in the morning and I have JUST got back from seeing it, really enjoyed it, Keith Richards cameo is genius

anyone else planning to see this?

• Admin

Yeah just got back from seeing it.. I thought it was awesome.. I see its 49% on rotten tomatoes..all that tells me is critics dont know how to have fun.. I loved the first movie didnt like the 2nd but really enjoyed this.. geoffrey rush really made a difference.. he and johnny depp were awesome together.. even chow yun fat brought something to his role.. all the storylines from the first movie were tied up.. the special efx were amazing.. it was a blast :thumbsup:

I might have 2 check this out. I saw the 1st when it hit DVD and thought it was good, but waaay overrated compared 2 what everyone was saying. I didn't bother seeing the 2nd cuz nobody said they liked it. But if the new one is good, i might watch the 2nd and go see the 3rd.

I saw it yesterday....I had seen the first one but not the second one...might have to go out and buy it! I liked the third one...I just thought it was a lil long....but the special efx were great...and Jonny Depp is so funny!

Saw it last night... I thought it was better than the second, but not as good as the first. And I do agree it was a little to long. But overall it was a good movie. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I wasn't too excited to see it after the second one, but this one is better. I was surprised with the first one when I saw it and how good it was. This one is a little "darker" and the special effects are through-the-roof. I had to roll my eyes at some of the scenes tho: e.g. the way they married each other, when Calypso grew all big and then disentegrated into crabs, the multiple Jack Sparrows. I had no idea where these scenes were going. I had trouble following their objective but most of it made sense by the end. Still, I don't think I'll be overly interested if there is a fourth one.

I thought the multiple Jack Sparrows was really funny, totally relies of Depp's ability to pull it off tho