JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will should be a Marvel/DC Comics hero--

Hypestyle

I guess "Tonight, He Comes" is on the horizon, but I still want Will to hook up with either Marvel or DC (both?) to do a superhero movie series..

"regular" options (i.e., black heroes)

DC

Mr. Terrific

Black Lightning

Steel (a real version, not Shaq!)

Marvel

Falcon

Luke Cage

Brother Voodoo

Cardiac

Prowler

• Members

ouch!!! real bad idea!!! Ben Affleck in Daredevil? Hilarious!!! Nicolas Cage in Ghost Rider? Ridiculous!!! Marvel and DC comics movies are not so good compared to the comics. Blade was a good one, the 1st one I mean. 10 years ago it would have been a good idea for Will to play a super hero but now it won't help him. I was disappointed by Xmen 3 and Spiderman3, this is an outrage how can you adapt comics and put every important aspect aside? Did these people open one of the comics to read it? Now is not a good time for such movies. With Tonight... this is a character created for the movie, they will be free to define all the aspects not depending on an original pattern. No fan will be offended, no creator will be offended so that's better

For those that don't know, FP actually wanted to be Robin in Batman Forever...ha ha. For serious!

Comic Book movies are risky business, but i honestly think if he's gonna step up 2 the plate and do a real super hero movie, he should play Jon Stewart, the Green Lantern (the one featured in the Justic League cartoon). Since DC is dipping in2 more movies (Superman, Batman...now Flash, Wonder Woman, and Justice League), i think it would work out well. If he was playing Jon in the Justice League movie, which is probably going 2 be done properly and be HUGE, a Green Lantern movie is almost bound 2 happen. Since Jon Stewart has started becoming the more popular GL since the 90's...overshadowing the classic Hal Jordan version, a solo movie would work nice...or if they did a Green Lantern movie, featuring the whole Corps, which is a very cinamatic idea in itself.

I can't really imagin any other established hero working or him being perfect 4 the part.

• 1 year later...
Guest KoffDrop

ouch!!! real bad idea!!! Ben Affleck in Daredevil? Hilarious!!! Nicolas Cage in Ghost Rider? Ridiculous!!! Marvel and DC comics movies are not so good compared to the comics. Blade was a good one, the 1st one I mean. 10 years ago it would have been a good idea for Will to play a super hero but now it won't help him. I was disappointed by Xmen 3 and Spiderman3, this is an outrage how can you adapt comics and put every important aspect aside? Did these people open one of the comics to read it? Now is not a good time for such movies. With Tonight... this is a character created for the movie, they will be free to define all the aspects not depending on an original pattern. No fan will be offended, no creator will be offended so that's better

Actually, slight correction..Marvel Studios is fine with their movies (See Iron Man), as far as the other studios that did movies like Ghostrider and Daredevil? They are teh questionable ones.AF412

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I don't like the reboot idea. I just think the sequel and future movies need to be better than the 1st. I still think he can take the John Stewart role and work alongside the existing cast. Green Lantern is an ensemble kind of super hero movie. It's kind of hard seeing him playing as part of an ensemble.