JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith & NaS?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Aug 17 2004, 05:42 PM]I was like in a depression for months when I heard Will had ghostwriters on the original forum.[/quote]
U said that like I believed U. Well, I don't. (i should've put a j/k 4 u)

And if your in such a depression, why R u here at this fourm? It'z 4 JJFP fans only.

But anyway, I wanna know the whole deal wit Nas & Will.

And now that I think about it, why would Will have Nas ghost write a song DEDICATED 2 JADA???? That'z his wife. (refering 2 "Chasing Forever")

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Aug 17 2004, 10:36 PM][quote]Why wouldnt they want people to know the truth?[/quote]
Rappers dont ussually want people to know they dont write their own stuff do they?

And like I said I hope your right [/quote]
Dre openly said he had Jay-Z write an entire song for him. Still D.R.E. And by the way....I AM right. Theres no 'hoping' about it.

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Aug 17 2004, 06:00 PM]I never said Will didnt write ANYTHING himself did you see me write thaT? NO becouse I didn't and I am a WIllsmith fan but sometimes he just dissapoints me.[/quote]
DUDE, do u even know what a ghost writer is? It'z (quote dictionary so "U" know) "one who writes for and gives credit of authorship to another". Someone WRITES 4 someone else.

Lets say Will did have ghost writers and still wrote 4 himself. Fans would still be hurt by it, cuz then the hits like "Summertime", "Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble", etc.; would have the possiblity of him being made great by someone else's creativity.

Plus your going by what SOMEONE else said. I guess that makes that person your "ghost-thinker". lol or "ghost speaker".

And if ya a Will Smith fan, take note of this song quote...

"If U can't say nothing nice, don't say nuthin'." :hsnono: (and if u wanna argue that, it'z like this..., Just Don't Say Nothin')

BIG WILLIE STYLE HOLDIN IT DOWN BABY!!!!

:switch: get jiggy wit it :switch: (hey, this smilie sayz switch, that's so cool)

I was really upset when i heard of Wills ghostwriter :(
thats really wack. and on the bif willie style song he gives props for NAS. So i think that its true that he wrote some lyrics for him.
A time ago i read that he wrote a few lines for Yes Yes Y'all and Gettin Jiggy Wit It... but this was really a long time ago i read it...

The topic of Will's so-called ghostwriters has been discussed before. In a Source magazine from 1997 (with Puffy on the cover), Will talked about how him and Nas wrote some songs 2gether. Will talked about showing him some stuff he had written and Nas would be like "that's good, but how about u say it like this" and so on. Will said it waz a good way for him 2 comeback fresh since his skillz were kinda rusty from the early/mid 90's. He said working with Nas who waz newer in the game helped bring him up 2 pace. Kel Spencer also talked about writing with Will. He said that he dosen't write songs for Will but that they'd sit down and write 2gether, just like hanging out working on music. Kel stressed that he never wrote anything songs 4 him.

Will dosen't hide the fact when he would co-write with another person, u can see Nas', Common Sense's, and Kel Spencer's names in the credits. FP isn't trying 2 hide it. I think that while he waz on Columbia, FP experimented with a few different things since it waz a new phase in his career. The co-writers dissappeared on Born To Reign other than Kel Spencer's crew working on a few trax with him.

I would be really upset if people were writing stuff 4 FP and he waz just rapping it, but as they said in the interviews, that's not the case. As a writer myself, i can relate and not be mad at the situation. There were times when me and my cousin would just chill in the basement and write rhymes. It waz a fun way 2 pass the time, it waz never like "oh, i have no talent...help a playa out!" I'm sure other writers can relate 2 this.

With FP's comeback on the horizon, i'm sure Kel's crew might have some minimal input, but 4 the most part, FP seems very hungry and focusing on music more than he has in over 10 years.