JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Printing Reasons to Pro Tools?

I am working on a project in my studio, and haven't really used Reason b4,...and was trying to print a Dr. Rex drum loop to a stereo track in my ProTools Session, and its not working for sum reason or another. I really wanna blame it on my gear, but more than likely the problem is with something that I did. lol. My transports are obviously not communicating properly, or my I/O settings are not plugged in to the right AUX track or Stereo tracks in PT ... but does anyone know how to print from Reason into PT without me having to go to extreme measures of solo~ing the track and then exporting it as a .wav file...then drag that wav file into Pro Tools...

I think it 'printed' but instead of an audio waveform registering, i see a STRAIT line. LOL... with absolutely NO audio whatsoever. I am using Reasons Adapted that came with my Digi003 Rack. Could this version of Reasons be a slight prob? damg on it.

please help someone, anyone,... SANTA CLAUSE !!!!! ...

lol

xoxo,

cookie

well alrighty now. I KNOW there are alot of musically inclined semi pro's on this site.. and yall gonna leave me hanging like that? LOL... well.. in case anyone wanted to figure out how to solve this problem in the future.. whooo boi... this is what I did, and im rollin smooVe now...

ok... to start off... lets playback some Dr. Rex Loops with P/T...

I had to create a stereo Instrument track & insert Reason (adapted). I flipped the Reason rack, and then went to to the Reason Menu > Edit > Select ALL devices. Then I disconnected devices. (Patch cables, etc...etc) Using a Mac, I had to Right click ( control + click) the DR rex Modules on L. audio & select the Hardware Interface... & then assigned it to input 1. (With a PC, I think you just right click) As you can see, this method bypasses 'ReMix"... ok. now back to ProTool Mix Window.

Now, rewire is assigned to Input 1+2 (Mix L and Mix R) This is the default setting. Which is fine for me.... for the moment. lol. Next, I assigned the the instrument tracks > MIDI Input... this was done by going to: ProTools menu > View> Mix Window > Instruments. Click the MIDI output selector & select Dr. Rex from the drop down menu. (Unfortunately, because I had no MIDI controller / keyboard set up, I had to do this freehand... using the pencil tool... (which is cool... i cant play the dam keyboard anyways. LOL) :lolsign:

so... In the Mix Window: set to > edit mode > Grid > choose the grid value to 1/8th note. Select the pencil tool and place a note where Dr. Rex can be triggered. (IE. Octive 1) whoooo boiiii... was this weekend a GREAT weekend. .. dang, i gotta get up in 4 hours and just getting my session set up properly. hahahah. ok... just thought I'd share, since I did finally get it set up after a weekend of stress... AND more importantly, with guidance! This is a pretty advanced method of doing it... but WAY more proficient...

Hope i helped someone out who works with PT and Reason!!!!

xoxo,

cookie