JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What do you think about Pharcyde

Lerkot

They are definitely a dope hip hop group. Passin Me By and Runnin are classics. I still need to buy all of their albums besides their greatest hits.

• Admin

fav tracks passing me by, soul flower(original), the hustle, runnin, moment in time, hey, on the dl, mann those 2 albums are great..what happened since has been disappointing to say the least but the fat lip solo album is good

• Admin

I'm not familiar with their 2000-plus stuff (other than a remix they did with Mya), but i love their 90's stuff. I saw them perform live back in 1993.

well first of all they kicked fat lip outta the group(the best member) in abt 97.. they then released this pharcyde ep(with imani, bootie brown n slim kid tre) it had no name..abt 5 tracks..and it was pretty decent.. they then released an album with the 3 members plain rap.. which had a couple of good tracks but wasnt that great.. then slim kid tre left the group(2nd best member) he did a couple of solo albums..mostly singing which aren't too bad.. then the pharcyde(imani, bootie brown) released an album humboldt beginnings in 04..which was quite frankly horrible! last year fat lip released his solo album which he'd been working on for abt 7 or 8 years..he'd been going through writers block.. that album has the fun and energy of the 1st album.. its good stuff i'd reccomend it.. of course its not the same without the 4 members together