JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

KELLY ROWLAND - NEW ALBUM ON THE WAY

Oft-Delayed Rowland Album Due in June

By Mariel Concepcion

NEW YORK (March 14) - Former Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland 's second solo album has had two title changes and three unofficial releases since last year, but "Ms. Kelly" is finally set to come out June 26.

The Columbia Records release will be the belated follow-up to "Simply Deep," which peaked at No. 12 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in 2002. The Nelly -assisted single "Dilemma" spent 10 weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100.

"This album is very different from the last record. It was so alternative and this record is urban," Rowland told Billboard.com. "I wanted to go back to my roots (because) that's where I started and that's what feels natural to me.

The first single from the album, "Like This," features rap artist Eve, and is currently being promoted on AOL Music's New Songs page and on Rowland's Myspace.com site (http://www.myspace.com/kellyrowland). The second single "Ghetto," guest stars Snoop Dogg .

The album was originally set for release in July 11, but it was held back because more time was needed to set up the project, her manager, Mathew Knowles, said at the time.

"We want to make sure our marketing strategy is a multi-tiered approach that capitalizes on the synergies afforded by her other projects," he said.

Knowles is the father and manager of Destiny's Child breakout star Beyonce Knowles , who released her own solo album last September.

-------------------------------

I'm really looking forward 2 this. I love Beyonce, but her B'Day album is average at best. The deluxe version of her album will probably be much better, but Kelly's solo stuff has always been the strongest of the DC solo projects.

I really like the first album, but i'm put off by the second single, do we really need another ghetto song featuring snopp dogg or anyother rapper this has been done to death, it's not hard to see why the whole "urban" genre needs a push in the right direction creatively atleast