Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Season 5 of Fresh Prince on DVD released May 11th, 2010

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NubianQu33n

I can't believe they aren't getting at least one of the seasons out for the holiday season.

I am still waiting for the seasons to come out. I have watched these DVDs over and over for the past 3 years!!!! Now when I go to Target.com they only have Season 5 with no pic available.

• 1 month later...

Since the time line is so messed up at this point, it would surprise me if the last 2 seasons were released at the same time. It really is ridiculous that one of the most popular shows of all time is taking this long 2 get the last 2 seasons out. Makes u wonder if it's even a priority at the moment.

Since the time line is so messed up at this point, it would surprise me if the last 2 seasons were released at the same time. It really is ridiculous that one of the most popular shows of all time is taking this long 2 get the last 2 seasons out. Makes u wonder if it's even a priority at the moment.

Maybe I'm pessimist, but it would be surprise me if the last 2 seasons were released.

More than 2 years, no news, I think it's almost dead :(

Maybe I'm pessimist, but it would be surprise me if the last 2 seasons were released.

More than 2 years, no news, I think it's almost dead :(

Nah man, I'm with AJ. It's a matter of time.

I hope they''ll come out some day.. i was watching the show yesterday for the first time in a while wishing i had the last two seasons on dvd to finish my colletion.

Edited by ant1

Warner claims high costs for music licenses and not enough sells of the first 4 seasons as the reasons for not releasing season 5+6. I believe that that's true, 'cause sellings weren't as high as seasons of ER, for example. But now, with series like ER going to an end soon (in Germany we have seasons 1-14 out on dvd, only season 15 is missing), they have to fill that gap. So I believe that sooner or later they will release our last two seasons.

But if they come out, I hope they won't change music cause if you buy a season of "Beverly Hills, 90210" on dvd here in Germany, you might be disappointed because they've changed a lot of music to keep costs cheap. I heared that this happened to the US dvds of "21 Jump Street".

Bad sells !

They released the DVDs more than 10 years after !

It seems to be obvious that people don't buy DVDs ten years after ! Just big fans buy it !

They did the first mistake !

And I don't think it is a reason for not release season 5 and 6 : they started, now they have to finish !

I told you, I think we'll never see it...

That's not completely true. There are series who do great on dvd, even though they're done for many, many years. The Incredible Hulk starring Bill Bixby, for example. It sells great. Not only fans buying it, even younger people fell in love with the series thanks to the dvds. And why does it sell great? Because you won't see it on tv these days. So people think "hey, I haven't seen this in a long time. I'll buy".

• Hero1 unpinned this topic