JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

uuhhh

Hero1

:dj: This was one of my favorites on this album, Kel Spencer held his own on this track, he was also on a couple tracks for the Wild Wild West soundtrack, did he make any other songs in the last 5 years? From the songs I heard him in he would be one of the top mcs in the game if were making more albums. What happened to him? :dunno:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kel Spencer actually wanted 2 release an album last year independently...but i havn't seen anywhere where u can get it. I contacted his camp and got a single by him featuring 3 bonus freestyles. Every track waz dope so i waz desperatly waiting 4 it 2 come out...but know how that goes. He also dosen't cuss in any of his music. Canibus is known by some as a great underground lyricist...but Kel can easily run circles around him...and i'm not saying that just cuz i don't like Canibus.

Granted i havn't heard anything from Canibus since the late-90's...but Kel Spencer is 100 times more talented than him in my opinion. Kel comes so much more 2 his lyrics and he also has personality. Everytime i heard a Canibus rap, i thought he waz a very unlikable guy who had the personality of a cardboard box.

"The Streets Know That" isn't even a deep song, but Kel rips it with creativity and class. Canibus dosen't have a touch of class.

Thats your opinion and thats cool but please please check out some more Canibus stuff!! He is a genious when it comes to lyrics and wordplay. There are not many people that can come close to him in terms of pure lyricism.

I've only heard 2 songs from Kel and I'm assuming you haven't heard many more. I've heard Canibus' whole career and its amazing. I just think you cant say one emcee is better than another when you've only heard a handful of their songs Edited by Da Brakes

I Recently contacted marcus Lynn(the head guy over at 3rd power which is kel's label.)the Single "the streets know that :dj: iz going strong in brooklyn but is kinda slowly dyin now and they have been selling the ep on the streets but they dont have a set date for a full release for the ep. check out www.kelspecncer.com

P.S. AJ whut is ur favourtie trrack streets know that or the b-side the promise land??

im more of fan of streets know that

[quote=Da Brakes,Aug 18 2004, 01:43 AM]I just think you cant say one emcee is better than another when you've only heard a handful of their songs[/quote]
:werd: Yeah man ur right about that, I think I heard more songs by you over the internet than I ever did of Kel Spencer and at least you now have a website, I tried to get to the Kel Spencer website and I can't get to it either but I can get to the Da Brakes website. So who's really lookin' for a record deal here? Hey does anyone even know what Kel Spencer even looks like? :eek4: Edited by bigted

I have a pic of Kel Spencer. I'll see if i can scan it in a day or 2. Kel's website has been down for months. I e-mailed Kel's camp a few days ago...i'm hoping 2 get a reply. If they don't get back 2 me, the e-mail addresses may not be current cuz b4 they were always responding 2 me last summer....not 2 mention hookin' me up with his single/EP.