JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Oscar Night

JamesUK

The oscars are boring, i recorded it for 2 reasons, 1. bcoz its on until 5.30am here and 2. i can fast forward the whole thing until it gets to Wills part. Us commeners havnt even seen any of the films nominated anyway. The best part are the dresses....sorry.

Haha, there was alot to watch, will ferrell was amazing, jaden's part was good, the host was really good, espacially with clit eastwood/spielberg and scorsese

well it's fun for us film buffs who have seen the films anyway :thumbsup: :sipread:

But Will is seemingly looking for an Oscar since a while ago and he wont stop till he get it. This loss separates him even more from music because now he will put more energy on his acting, and there are gonna be a lot less funny movies and more drama, till he get it.

Edited by VIsqo

• Members

i just watched POH today for the first time. the movie was quite good (i give it a 6.5 out of 10), will's acting was way better than the movie though. i think it was even almost better than in ali. too bad he didn't win, but whitaker is a great actor too, so it's ok. much worse is that babel didn't win the award for best movie, which it surely was. well, but like you all said, the oscars aren't the most important award, and i guess inaritu as well as will won't bother too much

But Will is seemingly looking for an Oscar since a while ago and he wont stop till he get it. This loss separates him even more from music because now he will put more energy on his acting, and there are gonna be a lot less funny movies and more drama, till he get it.

Unfortunately I agree with you. I was really hoping he would win so we could get some new music soon. I bet he takes the role about the chess teacher now to get another shot. I hope he gets this Oscar soon or there really won't be any new music.

I flipped 2 it once in awhile. I agree that the Oscars are boring. I'm not crazy about movies. I like mostly fun comedies...the kinda movies that never get nominated. I saw Marky lost, which bummed me and i saw Jaden presenting which waz hilarious. Other than that, i didn't see much. Will Ferrell usually annoys me cuz i don't think he's funny at all, but my friend said he song waz pretty funny.

The Oscars are boring and pretty uninteresting since they often pick the oldest dudes so that they will have an Oscar to play with before they die.

The award that Martin Scorsese got for example... The Departed is an okey movie but it wasnt any of his best works.

Wel, lets see. Next year oscars are not gonna be as interesting as next year grammys, thats for sure.

explain ... unless you know some inside info about the jackson 5 or just mj performing, i'm not sure how you working this one out