JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

k-os: Atlantis

Silver Tiger

B000MM0L78.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I know WWW and I are the big k-os fans on this board but that doesn't mean there isn't room for more. He's an excellent artist. His new album Atlantis dropped today (at least in the US). I'm listening to it for the second time now and it's already proving itself to be in the same league as his last two albums (which are two of my favorite albums ever). What I love about this CD (and his others) is that there are no throwaway tracks. I always listen to them the whole way through.

Musically, this album is amazing. Joyful Rebellion excelled in this department as well but I think he topped himself again. There is a lot of variety here: claps, guitars, bass, drums, strings, beatboxing... It's impressive stuff.

For those that don't know much about the man as an artist: he's a rapper that can sing. It's not so much R&B as it is music that fits with the sound. He's been singing more since his first album. He is still very much a rapper but he does it in a more musical way. It's a switch-up that I can appreciate. It's very good stuff. Lyrically he's on point as well. If today's rappers sound stupid then k-os really puts them to shame. Not enough rappers put this much work into their music.

BUT I'M NOT CRAZY. k-os didn't get me anything for my birthday (actually, it dropped today- on HIS birthday, take THAT Beyonce!), so the only reason I'm not being critical of this album is because I can't find anything to criticize. He takes his time and it really shows. If anything, you should buy this album because I'm an amazing guy and I know my stuff (I wouldn't do you wrong!).

This will PROBABLY end up being my favorite album of 07.

God Blessa!