JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Chris Gardiner got $$ for internship

Hero1

• Admin

you know in the movie Gardiner doesn't get payed anything during his 6 month internship? Well in real life he got paid $250 or sumthin a week. I thought it was interesting they left that out. Also the whole rubiks cube to get job thing never happened.

That's why it's "based on a true story"...cuz it's not literally a true story. Besides $250 a week doesn't really get u anything anyway. To me, that doesn't make the real story less impressive.

I thought everyone knew this... This was one of the things that was covered in one of the interviews before the movie came out where they talked about what was changed for the movie. His son was also a baby at the time. The rubiks cube thing never happened... people's weren't stealing his bone density scanners...

yeah, its probably just to move the plot along and such. Will not getting paid, doesn't make much sense, if he got paid or not, I don't exactly know what the difference would be.

A lot of internships are unpaid positions...

I think there was something else as well... If Gardner wasn't selected, he wasn't allowed to work as a stock broker anywhere else, or something of that nature.

people's weren't stealing his bone density scanners...

Why of why did they include that! that was completely silly :3-laugh3:

Plot device and drama I guess. Many people I've talked to about the movie liked the fact that they added that. It sort of reinforces the idea that Gardner had it bad, but it also serves as lighthearted moments to break up a lot of the despair and emotion in the picture. People laughed when I went to see it... A nice laugh in the midst of tears I say.