JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will`s retirement

Jin

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is Will`s retirement gonna make some noise in the hip hop community?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maybe Will should retire... For many reasons.

Have y'all listened to Nas' Hip Hop is dead album? The guy has a point. But this album is also an appeal to real hiphop artists to defend the essence of Hip Hop.

Will is a good artist, we all know that as fans but the only rappers we hear about are those "BlingBling-I-wAs-shot-and-a-convict so called Rap artists" and hipHop artists don't have the respect they deserve. I was said not to buy Nas' album, i did it. No regret. But after listening such an album I would like Will"Fresh Prince"Smith to show he's here that he's not a 1980's old school artist. Will is a very good artist, lyrically, musically and technically speaking we all know it but but people have to be aware of it. Will can not retire now.

He has to strike HipHop and rap community first. I saw Will on French TV a few days ago, he was amazing, people were so happy but they only knew Will Smith the actor/rapper, instead of the rapper/actor. I can not reproach him to focus on his actor career but he said music is his love and movies a chick on the side, honestly the first love has to worry. Will is too good to be forgotten one day and seen as a has been. Some artists may think that of him, and i can't wait for them to see the truth. So please Will come on man we know you're the man so make them respect The Man.

Like others...i think this post is stupid. Until he actually says he's hanging up the mic, i don't believe it. 2 more posts about this topic being wack and it'll fall victim 2 my super-fly deletion.

Like others...i think this post is stupid. Until he actually says he's hanging up the mic, i don't believe it. 2 more posts about this topic being wack and it'll fall victim 2 my super-fly deletion.

Man, are you guys deaf or something? He has said it very loud and clear a two times the last weeks.

We even got a video from when he said "that may be in the past" (which he said in a way that sounded the same as "me? rap? no way".

Edited by Lerkot

I didn't want to offend people with this thread...but fact is that Will mentioned 2 times that he wants to hang up the mic in the last 2 months! Some people here have to realize that FP won't rap forever and that it seems to be sooner then some of us expected. Just my 2 cents to the reaction of people to the topic!

Maybe Will should retire... For many reasons.

Have y'all listened to Nas' Hip Hop is dead album? The guy has a point. But this album is also an appeal to real hiphop artists to defend the essence of Hip Hop.

Will is a good artist, we all know that as fans but the only rappers we hear about are those "BlingBling-I-wAs-shot-and-a-convict so called Rap artists" and hipHop artists don't have the respect they deserve. I was said not to buy Nas' album, i did it. No regret. But after listening such an album I would like Will"Fresh Prince"Smith to show he's here that he's not a 1980's old school artist. Will is a very good artist, lyrically, musically and technically speaking we all know it but but people have to be aware of it. Will can not retire now.

He has to strike HipHop and rap community first. I saw Will on French TV a few days ago, he was amazing, people were so happy but they only knew Will Smith the actor/rapper, instead of the rapper/actor. I can not reproach him to focus on his actor career but he said music is his love and movies a chick on the side, honestly the first love has to worry. Will is too good to be forgotten one day and seen as a has been. Some artists may think that of him, and i can't wait for them to see the truth. So please Will come on man we know you're the man so make them respect The Man.

Wow, really nice said!

I absolutely agree to what u've said I want him to prove and show the people outthere that he's the best, too!

• 2 weeks later...

If Will retires muzically, Im sure he'll get much recognition for his contribution. I mean, come one now. He can't go on forever, and we do have to pay respect to his decision. Retirement will inevitably happen sooner than later, but with his experience and knowledge, I think it would be a blessing, (as an example) ... he may use it as a tool to help discovering upcoming younger talent. Who knows. It could even be one of YOU guys!!!. haha... but, whatever route he chooses, I definately would support it...

peace,

cookie

I still expect tell my why to be released in a year or 2. Call me crazy, but I don't believe will is going to retire in the next 10 years.

I also strongly believe he is going to make at least 1 final album, and I believe that one will contain a lot of great rappers such as mos def, talib and many more great artists, with jazz on his side. He loves music more then anything in life, and even though he stated that music might be in the past, that's just him complaining about the state of the music industry. I'd suggest everyone to relax, dude is 38 years old, still young.

Just cause he made the POH everyone thinks of him as an old man lol, but in reality though FP won't go out without a big bang.

Man, are you guys deaf or something? He has said it very loud and clear a two times the last weeks.

We even got a video from when he said "that may be in the past" (which he said in a way that sounded the same as "me? rap? no way".

I wont say nothin till he retires, not rumors, not "that may be int he past", i want facts

I wont say nothin till he retires, not rumors, not "that may be int he past", i want facts

To me it is facts until he releases music again. "That may be in the past" might look okey when you read it, it can give you some hope. But when you hear it, its totally different.

But sure you guys can keep live in your little dream world as usual and ill stay in my realistic one..

Lerkot, quite simply GO AWAY.

Your a fool, nobody enjoys your contribution anymore. You supposidly listen to positive music that has entirely no effect on your thoughts and views.