JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

are you out of your mind kid?

eljuancho

Well, I heared the rumors about Will's retirement from hip hop, too. I was thinking about his point of view (why could he even think about that). And even if it's sad for us, who can blame him?

His last 3 CD's (Born to reign, 2002's Greatest Hits and Lost & Found) weren't as successful as Big Willie Style or even Willennium. He doesn't get the same attention and credits by doing rap music today as he gets by doing movies. And he earns much more money in Hollywood.

And there's nothing more he can reach by his music. He won almost everything in his music career (Grammy's etc.). The only title missing in his collection is the oscar.

But all that thoughts don't mean that he really retires. Let the media talk about that as long as they want it. I will only believe it if I hear Will say "That's it. I'm done". Because I'm sure he knows who his real fans are. And he would lose a lot of credit if he would turn his back against us.

Okey. Here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H21C-1qD710

Its at 3.45 something into the vid.

he's still not very sure:"maybe" (or "may be"?)...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok congratulations he will never stop rap since he will never tell the world in opera or in screaming that he is not interested in rapping anymore. Sure, he might say "may be", but you gotta watch the way he says it as well; it sounded very safe and secure. Almost like he thought "of course Ive quit rapping, what the hell do you think?".

well, i'm pretty sure that K-Smith sucks on the MIC. let's just wait and see if Will's really going to retire and i don't think that Jeff is going to be happy with that, so he'll definately have a word with Will about that.

I really hope so then Jeff could maybe bring Will back to rapping!

If Will really stops rapping now then it'll be really, really sad, disappointing and bad! I'll go crazy if this happens... :shakehead: :thumbdown:

Ok congratulations he will never stop rap since he will never tell the world in opera or in screaming that he is not interested in rapping anymore. Sure, he might say "may be", but you gotta watch the way he says it as well; it sounded very safe and secure. Almost like he thought "of course Ive quit rapping, what the hell do you think?".

Maybe but i prefer seeing the glass half full.

Edited by bea321

You know when you get to his age, writin hip hop albums has gotta take it toll on you, then he has to promote and do gigs.

Of course we'd all love to see more from Will, but we have had a very good innings don't forgot.

Or we could stop listening to every little two lined article written on the interweb.