JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will to move to south africa

WILL SMITH TO MOVE TO AFRICA?

Will Smith is rumored to be moving to South Africa and taking his whole family with him. "We want to move to Africa. Actually, I found a house in South Africa, but it was before 9/11 and when that happened, we thought, being Americans, it was a time to be home. But I just loved South Africa," he said to Empire magazine. Will's no America hater though so all you "Young Republicans" don't jump the gun. Anyway, Will's looking to bounce, but I don't think we'll notice the difference since he's so caked up.

Turntable, come on...what do u think is street...Ja? Fat Joe? There's nothing inspirational about that crap. Ja's been a joke since he had his 1st hit. Fat Joe's stuff has taken steps back with every hit he's had in the past 7 years (his new single is his worst ever...garbage track). People who have been recording for years are no longer "in the streets" and if your music isn't telling a tale with a message or saying that they demand a better way for their original enviornment, it's not really 'street'...it's frontin.' It's trying 2 live off of something u aren't a part of.

Every person who has gone to Africa has called it inspirational. Including FP when he waz shooting ALI. The current rap scene sucks....it has sucked for awhile. I don't even care 2 hear the underground stuff anymore cuz more than half of what i've heard is just immitating the crap on the radio. And when someone who has their ears being fed that commerical rap stuff non-stop, u just won't get it. Infact, most of the 'underground' or indie stuff i really listen 2 these days is stuff Tim, Wes, Vipa, TopDawg or Jim mentions.

If FP's coming back with music...i want him 2 do it cuz he's inspired. I wanna see it cuz he has something new 2 say. And i don't wanna see it as just another album he wanted 2 drop after a few years. Let's be real, a change of enviornment would be good. Cuz Hollywood isn't gonna help anything.

@ AJ: Yeah, but I dont think he's gonna get inspired by sitting around in a rich ass neighberhood in South Africa. If he want's to get inspired he should go and visit they'r projects out there, or even better, he should move his butt back to Philly.

By the way;

"People say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels

Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

Edited by Turntable

If Will rapped about the projects that would be fake. Thats not where hes from, hes from a middle class family. Being rich is his reality, i dont wanna hear about how much money Will has or anything like that. But musically Africa is really interesting, the drums and rhythm is what i'd like to hear.

He's been saying for years that he plans on living there 4 a year or 2. I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Besides, i think he'd find the inspiration there 4 a new album.

I wouldn't say it's something bad and also I wouldn't say it's something good - he's just doing it, so?

Let him move there, don't matter if for a few months or years or maybe even his whole life (which I don't think!), it's something very normal, nothing negative about it!

Or what u think?