JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

a JJ & FP boxed set--

this would be great.. everything from the 80's until today...

Now, you figure that they spent most of their tenure on Jive.. then Will signed to Columbia.. Now that BMG and Sony are merging, the Jive and Columbia catalogs will be 'combined assets' of the big company.. so it could set the stage for a comprehensive boxed set of all their collective material.. the album cuts, the B-sides, soundtrax, etc.; and with JJ & Will's involvement, some extra stuff as well...

So who should we write to in order to get someone cracking on this?

I dont know who to write to but chances are, they wouldn't care.

Usually Jive/BMG release stuff when JJFP is hot at the moment. Like when BWS blew up everywhere, Jive re-released all 5 JJFP albums on CD along with a nice "Greatest Hits" album that had singles but wasn't promoted. Then when Willenium dropped, Jive released "Before the Willenium". Which was kinda beat. The whole point is to try and make money off of Will...yeah its nice for us fans, but they do "mooch" off Will.

If huge success comes with this new album, i wouldnt' be surprised if another compilation would come out. However, it would be along the lines of the Will Smith "Greatest Hits" album with a bonus or 2 if we were lucky.

I hate the idea of any project that JJ and/or FP not involved with cuz it won't be put 2gether properly and it won't but up 2 their standards.

Remastering all 5 albums and the JJ+FP Greatest Hits album and releasing them is a good idea. I don't think any albums with rarities, concerts, or anything should be released without JJ+FP involved. I think that stuff should only be produced in limited qualities 4 the fans and not 4 the public 2 just get cuz there's a reason that stuff waz never released in the 1st place...cuz it waz never meant 4 public release when it waz new and fresh.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 12 2004, 11:10 AM]If huge success comes with this new album, i wouldnt' be surprised if another compilation would come out. However, it would be along the lines of the Will Smith "Greatest Hits" album with a bonus or 2 if we were lucky.

I hate the idea of any project that JJ and/or FP not involved with cuz it won't be put 2gether properly and it won't but up 2 their standards.

Remastering all 5 albums and the JJ+FP Greatest Hits album and releasing them is a good idea. I don't think any albums with rarities, concerts, or anything should be released without JJ+FP involved. I think that stuff should only be produced in limited qualities 4 the fans and not 4 the public 2 just get cuz there's a reason that stuff waz never released in the 1st place...cuz it waz never meant 4 public release when it waz new and fresh.[/quote]
Agreed!!!

• 7 years later...

Well, now that Jive Records is being closed as a label/brand, I hope that the Jive-era catalog will not be ignored by the label people. That's one thing that a lot of labels tend to do, is not really respect their hip-hop catalogs and history..

the way that people download music these days there aren't too many boxed sets out there anymore, it's gonna take quite a record breaking selling album by Will for that to happen