JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will sets London alight

Hero1

• Admin
Will sets London alight

Big Willy style ... i, Robot star wows fans
By SIMON ROTHSTEIN

WHAT do you get when you put one of the world's biggest movie and music stars in the middle of London to open his latest smash hit film and play some of his greatest hits?

If the man in question is Will Smith then you end up with 7,500 screaming fans desperate to catch a glimpse of their hero.

And that's not forgetting all the other celebrities – like David Hasselhoff and ex-Atomic Kitten Natasha Hamilton – who crammed inside the Leicester Square Odeon to watch US box office No1 i, Robot.

Will himself was overwhelmed, telling us: "This is very exciting, Leicester Square is a mad house.

"I've never seen anything like this before. I've had a brilliant reaction and I just hope all these people feel the same way after they've seen the movie.

"Will Smith is obviously the man! Thank you."

In the futuristic thriller, Will plays a police officer who is the only person who can see that machines are about to turn on their masters.

But despite the stunning action and clever plotline, the one scene everyone wanted to talk to the former Fresh Prince about featured him in the shower wearing nothing but a smile.

"I was very nervous before that scene," Will revealed. "Because you're always nervous when you're nekkid.

"There's a difference between being naked and being nekkid, and I was nekkid in the movie. So it was difficult for me.

"But my wife Jada thought it was great. Her motto is, 'no woman wants a man that other women don't want'.

"Right now I'm about six weeks out from being able to take my shirt off on camera, but I always like to stay prepared just in case!"

The film is out in the UK on Friday and Will is also set to release an album of brand new songs over here at the end of the year.

And he warmed up for future gigs by teaming up with old pal DJ Jazzy Jeff and treating his fans to a set of songs including classic hits Men In Black and Summertime and new single Switch.

He told us: "I've spoken to Jeff probably three or four times in the past year.

"So tonight was about warming it up a little bit, shaking the rust off and knocking the dust off.

"The next album is a bit like i, Robot - still the same flavour that Will Smith gives you but it's a little bit smarter and more thoughtful."

well he said on TRL that he and jeff were recording some stuff now even while in london so, if there aren't any new tracks yet there will be soon

i like the sound of "And he warmed up for future gigs" can't wait :dance: