My Top 15 (or 16) Albums Of 2014
1. YG – My Krazy Life (Hip Hop)
2. The Lawrence Arms – Metropole (Alternative/Punk)
3. Transit – Joyride (Alternative/Punk)
4. Intuition & Equalibrum - Intuition & Equalibrum (Hip Hop)
5. The Madden Brothers – Greetins From California (Singer/Songwriter)
6. New Found Glory – Resurrection (Alternative/Punk)
7. Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga – Cheek To Cheek (Jazz/Great American Songbook)
8. The Roots – And Then You Shot Your Cousin (Hip Hop)
9. Ariana Grande – My Everything (R&B)
10. J. Rawls – The Legacy (Hip Hop)
11. Sturgill Simpson – Metamodern Sounds In Country Music (Country)
12. Wu-Tang Clan – A Better Tomorrow (Hip Hop)
13. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – Piñata (Hip Hop)
14. Tinashe – Aquarius (R&B)/Mariah Carey - Me. I Am Mariah (...) (R&B)
15. Rick Ross – Mastermind (Hip Hop)
I have not yet heard the 2014 releases of some artists I love, such as Ghostface, J. Cole, Young Jeezy, Pennywise, Statik Selektah and Big K.R.I.T.
I agree the production has been questionable so far, but I kind of like this song. If this would not be tied to an album called G.O.A.T. 2 it would be no problem at all. It's solid mixtape material that I would not skip if it would come on in the car. Also, I'm Nice was hard as hell, people are still talking about it.
My Crazy Life was my favorite Hip Hop album. I did not pay much attention to R&B but my girlfriends played the Tinashe album a lot and it sounded good to me.I have yet to hear the J. Cole album tho. Souls of Mischief album was good too, as was Open Mike Eagle's new album.