Will Smith Drops New Freestyle! Read more... ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Ale

'Aladdin' - Will as Genie

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD: I've just seen the movie. It's a pretty fun one, with incredible musical numbers and choreographies. Great action sequences as well. If you're a fan of the original, it won't disappoint. Mena and Naomi are great in their roles. Much chemistry between them, and very solid performances. Loved Dalia too. A very funny character. They made a good decision by including her in the film. I didn't like Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, though. I was expecting a much more intimidating, creepy man, and I didn't see that. It felt as if the movie wasn't more enjoyable for that reason. Bad casting choice, in my opinion. Will, as expected, was fantastic. Perfect role for him. Can't think of anyone right now who could have done it better as the Genie. He's super charismatic and funny in this movie. Definitely one of his best roles. 7/10 for me. Go, watch it and enjoy the songs!
  3. Yesterday
  4. Hero1

I loved Aladdin man..one of wills best performances...my full cinema applauded at the end. I think everyone who saw it loved it. This is gonna be huge. I’m expecting 1 billion worldwide.
  5. MaxFly

Reviewers seem to be ok with it, but movie goers seem to love it so far. Some of the reviews are quite divergent and pretty negative. There's a "Disney money grab" narrative that everyone who dislikes the movie has seemed to latch onto. Some have panned Will's performance as just a poor copycat of Robin Williams' while others have praised it for daring to be different from Robin's with a fresh, hip hop sensibility, while paying homage to the original.
  6. On the day fresh Prince returns in Aladdin I continue my worth of rappin My heart yearns on more passion being righteous is ultimate attraction honeys cling to me like a magnet My new material is stacking It's all worthwhile to be bragging Competition is digging their caskets My albums will be compared to he's the dj I'm the rapper Mama said knock you out the chronic and illmati c You won't sleep on me like a craftmatic You're a toy story stuck in the attic There's all truth in my rhymes Most rappers tell nothing but lies They sniff too much white lines I don't need drugs to mess up my mind They all claim to be the greatest of all time And they lose each battle at the drop of a dime They let the industry Rob them blind I've been mastering my poetry designs Way before 50 was in da club I'm set to expose the fake thugs In this digital era there's no classic material But I won't ever sell my soul big Ted will stay original You never had a friend like me who's the authentic individual
  7. Is there any new hip hop or r n b albums that dropped in the last year that you think would stand the test of time? I try not to be stuck in the p ast but drake or cardi b don't do it for me they make ja rule and nelly sound like big daddy Kane and rakim and vanilla ice sound like 'LL cool j haha
  8. Last week
  9. bigted

Will raps 'Switch' on 'Ellen'

He actually performs it better now than in 2005 haha!!
  10. Great track, great to finally have some proper Hip Hop with a middle eastern vibe.
  11. I worked through these on YouTube yesterday and while happy he’s released new music, and never knew he has those kinda vocals at his disposal, was a bit like, because it wasn’t new content and just a rework/cover type deal, didn’t feel overly fresh. Then I heard the End Title track and yeah, that ish is dooooope. His flow was silkier than ever IMO. Loving the tone and voice changes too.
  12. Damn Ted, you’ve been the most actively disappointed in Will not making music, then when he does, because it’s not quite the flavour you want, it’s an issue too calm down dude, it’s not that serious. This track is dope. Logics new age but with an old school twist and not a mumble rapper and Wills flow and content is somehow nostalgically fresh. Can’t hate on this in the slightest.
  13. fan 4ever

Reviews are coming in. People seem to like Will as the Genie. https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/05/aladdin-reviews-critics-react-to-will-smith-genie?utm_campaign=complexmag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social
  14. bigted

Wills turned the clock back fresh Prince is back!
  15. MaxFly

I know people have been looking for new music from Will. Well, we have some... Friend Like Me: Arabian Nights: Prince Ali: Friend Like Me (End Title):
  16. JumpinJack AJ

Logic Ft Will Smith - Don’t Be Afraid To Be Different

It's my first time on the board since this dropped. I'm really happy with this song. It'll hold me over for a minute. The early 90's feel is great, and the message-lite lyrics suits it. This is one of those things where FP went out on a limb and the results are glorious.
  17. JumpinJack AJ

Will raps 'Switch' on 'Ellen'

I'm so glad they played "Switch" instead of one of the more common "go-to"s like "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" or "Yo, Home To Bel-Air."
  18. JumpinJack AJ

Will Smith to record new music for 'Aladdin'!

Yes! This is perfect for the end credits. DJ Khaled is mad annoying, so I'm glad that he definitely took a back seat on this. The music definitely has a late 90's/early 2000's feel to it. The way he says "never had a friend like me" feels like he borrowed from 2Pac's "Never Had A Friend Like Me." I get the feeling his going to let Aladdin be a vehicle to finally get his own music out.
  19. Ale

'Aladdin' Premiere in Los Angeles Will posing with his family, Alfonso Ribeiro, Tatyana Ali, Benny Medina.. https://www.accessonline.com/articles/will-smith-alfonso-ribeiro-tatyana-ali-have-a-fresh-prince-reunion-at-the-aladdin-premiere
  20. This just made my day! Absolutely love it!
  21. Source: https://www.google.be/amp/hiphop-n-more.com/2019/05/will-smith-dj-khaled-friend-like-me-aladdin-soundtrack/amp/ “I went into the studio the first day and I really wanted to play with it to see if I could add something to it,” Smith said in the press release. “Literally 30 minutes in the studio, and started to play with the song [and] the 94/96 BPM range. That BPM range is right old school hip hop. So I grabbed The Honey Drippers ‘Impeach Your President’ and I had them throw that breakbeat under there. I messed around with that. And I messed around with Erik B. & Rakim’s ‘I Know You Got Soul’ under ‘Friend Like Me.’ And I was like, ‘Oh my god, I’m home!’ I started playing with the hip hop flavor, and the Genie was really born in my mind from the music.”
  22. Friend like me with DJ Khaled is awesome!!!!!!!! Mib/w3 soundtrack good! FP is back!
  23. Well...they are not really rap tracks! The Aladdin soundtrack is out. Will has four songs on it. 1. Arabian Nights 2. Friend Like Me 3. Prince Ali 4. Friend Like Me (End Title) (Ft. DJ Khaled) Only the song with DJ Khaled is a rap track, he is singing in the other ones. Just my opinion but I'm not feeling Arabian Nights at all. I do like the DJ Khaled track, kinda makes me wish he was on DJ Khaled's latest album.
  1. Load more activity